Who is an eligible participating employer to purchase MIT insurance?
Wednesday, October 09, 2019
- Any entity that satisfies all of the following is an eligible participating employer:
- at least one of the working physicians of the entity is a member of SCMA;
- the entity has at least two employees;
- the entity maintains 50% participation in the Plan, based on all of its eligible employees and Physicians;
- the entity adopts the Plan by properly completing a Participating Employer Agreement and executes any additional documents as required by MIT;
- MIT accepts the entity for participation; and
- the entity contributes employer premiums toward its eligible employees’ coverage equal to at least 50% of the cost of employee-only coverage.
For purposes of calculating the 50% participation threshold for any participating employer, any eligible employee or physician who provides a valid waiver of coverage is counted as participating. SCMA is also treated as a participating employer for purposes of the Plan.